Friday, March 1, 2013

New Discoveries

Last Wednesday I ran 6.5 miles in preparation for the Run 4 Healthy Churches on March 16. 

It was the longest I have run for awhile, and I learned things about my body that I would not have learned if I hadn't pushed the distance. 

The same is true in ministry. There are lessons you will never learn until you put yourself out there, until you engage on mission for the Gospel. 

Want to make some new discoveries? Engage in building new relationships with people who need the Gospel in your community. Invite a friend out for coffee and encouragement. Try something new in your ministry that is outside your comfort zone. These are all ways to make new discoveries.

I also invite you to also partner with me in my Run 4 Healthy Churches. I am running 20K on March 16 to benefit Mission Mid-Atlantic. You can use the donate button on this blog to make a contribution or you can send a check to the following address: 
Mission Mid-Atlantic 
PO Box 345
Clayton, NJ 08312.

I also invite you to pray for me as I continue to make new discoveries as I prepare for this run. 
Thanks!

~ Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment